The Regulations and Instructions for Point-to-Point Steeple Chases 2015/16 will be available on the website from 8th October.
Please find below some of the key amendments to the Point-to-Point Regulations for the 2015-16 season:
1. ELIGIBILITY – The dates for eligibility roll forward in line with the 2015/16 season.
2. PENALTIES, WEIGHTS & ALLOWANCES
Ladies Opens – Penalties will be imposed in all ladies races from February 1st each season.
Mixed Opens – Mandatory cumulative penalties will be imposed in all mixed opens for the current and previous season. The base weight will be 11st7lbs.
5YO Horses – The 5YO 7lb allowance will be removed from March 1st each season.
“Veteran Horse” – A Veteran Horse is a horse aged nine years old and upwards from the start of the season up to and including December 31st, or ten years old and upwards from January 1st until season end.
Restricted Race – Winners of Flat races and National Hunt flat races will be allowed to run in restricted races.
4. ‘YOUNG HORSE MAIDENS’ – 7 year olds will be disallowed from running in Young Horse Maidens over 2 miles 4 furlongs
5. NEW DISTANCE OF 2m4f ACROSS ALL RACES – Maiden races for 4, 5, and 6 year olds, and/or one Point-to-Point Steeple Chase per fixture with the approval of the British Horseracing Authority, may be run over 2 miles 4 furlongs.
6. MAXIMUM PRIZE FUND – The total prize money or other prize for an Open (Men’s, Ladies or Mixed) Steeple Chase shall be £325-£1,000 and of any other Steeple Chase, £250-£750, save with the express permission of the British Horseracing Authority.