Kindly sponsored by:
Horses & Riders must have Hunters/Riders certificates from Hunts within the Midlands Area and points can only be accrued within the Midlands Area.
1. LEADING HORSE – For a Perpetual Trophy (kindly presented by M.A.P.P.A.).
An owner must compete with each horse individually for the trophy and cannot aggregate points scored by other horses within their ownership.
|Volnay De Thaix||Mrs Judy Wilson||14|
|L'Eldorado||Mr J. Chatfeild-Roberts||11|
|The Talking Horse||Mrs M. Moody||7|
2. LEADING OWNER/TRAINER/RIDER/FAMILY CONCERN – For a Perpetual Trophy (kindly presented by M.A.P.P.A.)
3. GENTLEMAN RIDER – For the Johnny Wrathall Memorial Trophy (kindly presented by Mrs Pam Saunders).
4. LADY RIDER – For a Perpetual Trophy (kindly presented by M.A.P.P.A.).
5. NOVICE RIDER – For a Perpetual Trophy (kindly presented by M.A.P.P.A.)
A Novice Rider is defined as having ridden no more than 5 Winners, under the Rules of any recognised Racing Authority (Point to Points and Arab Races Included) up to and including 18th November 2017.
6. THE ROWAN COPE ACHIEVEMENT AWARD (For a notable riding achievement throughout the season).
7. OVERALL LEADING RIDER – For the Tim Moloney Memorial Trophy (kindly presented by M.A.P.P.A.).
8. NOVICE HORSE – For a Perpetual Trophy (kindly presented by M.A.P.P.A.).
Open to horses who at the start of the 2017/18 Point-to-Point season are maidens under all codes of racing.
|Teeton Turnip - Mrs J. Tice OBE||6|
|Unseen - Mr J.R. Barlow||6|
|Top Gary-he Garland, Harkin, Milner Partnership||6|
9. LEADING MARE (kindly presented by Dodson & Horrell).
|Teeton Power||Mrs J. Tice OBE||6|
|Dulwich Mill||Mr J. Chatfeild-Roberts||2|
Mrs J. Tice OBE – Teeton Power
10. THE MARK ASHTON ACHIEVEMENT AWARD (kindly presented by The Mark Ashton Trust and David Ingle).
SCHEDULE OF SCORING:
|(a)||Owner:||MENS/LADIES/MIXED OPEN RACES||7||5||3|
|ALL OTHER RACES||6||4||2|
Owners & Riders taking part in this championship will score points for first, second and third places. In the event of a dead heat in a particular race, the points for those positions will be added together and divided equally between them. In the event of a dead heat for a trophy, the winner shall be decided according to the most wins attained. If the number of wins are equal, then a dead heat shall be declared.