Kindly sponsored by:
D. & M. Barthorpe Ltd – (Electrical Contractors)
Oxford Street, Boston, Lincs PE21 8TP Telephone: 01205 367612
Horses & Riders must have Hunters/Riders certificates from Hunts within the Midlands Area and points can only be accrued within the Midlands Area.
1. LEADING HORSE – For a Perpetual Trophy (kindly presented by M.A.P.P.A.).
An owner must compete with each horse individually for the trophy and cannot aggregate points scored by other horses within their ownership.
2. LEADING OWNER/TRAINER/RIDER/FAMILY CONCERN – For a Perpetual Trophy (kindly presented by M.A.P.P.A.)
3. GENTLEMAN RIDER – For the Johnny Wrathall Memorial Trophy (kindly presented by Mrs Pam Saunders).
4. LADY RIDER – For a Perpetual Trophy (kindly presented by M.A.P.P.A.).
5. NOVICE RIDER – For a Perpetual Trophy (kindly presented by M.A.P.P.A.)
A Novice Rider is defined as having ridden no more than 5 Winners, under the Rules of any recognised Racing Authority (Point to Points and Arab Races Included) up to and including 26th November 2016.
6. THE ROWAN COPE ACHIEVEMENT AWARD (For a notable riding achievement throughout the season).
7. OVERALL LEADING RIDER – For the Tim Moloney Memorial Trophy (kindly presented by M.A.P.P.A.).
8. NOVICE HORSE – For a Perpetual Trophy (kindly presented by M.A.P.P.A.).
Open to horses who at the start of the 2016/17 Point-to-Point season are maidens under all codes of racing.
9. LEADING MARE (kindly presented by Dodson & Horrell).
10. THE MARK ASHTON ACHIEVEMENT AWARD (kindly presented by The Mark Ashton Trust and David Ingle).
SCHEDULE OF SCORING:
|(a)||Owner:||MENS/LADIES/MIXED OPEN RACES||7||5||3|
|ALL OTHER RACES||6||4||2|
Owners & Riders taking part in this championship will score points for first, second and third places. In the event of a dead heat in a particular race, the points for those positions will be added together and divided equally between them. In the event of a dead heat for a trophy, the winner shall be decided according to the most wins attained. If the number of wins are equal, then a dead heat shall be declared.
Prizes for the above winners and runners up will be presented at the Midland Point-to-Point Area Dinner Dance –