Kindly sponsored by:
D. & M. Barthorpe Ltd – (Electrical Contractors)
Oxford Street, Boston, Lincs PE21 8TP Telephone: 01205 367612
Horses & Riders must have Hunters/Riders certificates from Hunts within the Midlands Area and points can only be accrued within the Midlands Area.
1. LEADING HORSE – For a Perpetual Trophy (kindly presented by M.A.P.P.A.).
Mr J. Chatfeild- Roberts – Warden Hill
Mr B. Fox – Dido
Mr J. Chatfeild-Roberts – Love Manhattan.
An owner must compete with each horse individually for the trophy and cannot aggregate points scored by other horses within their ownership.
2. LEADING OWNER/TRAINER/RIDER/FAMILY CONCERN – For a Perpetual Trophy (kindly presented by M.A.P.P.A.)
Mr J. Chatfeild-Roberts – Warden Hill
Mr J. Chatfeild-Roberts – Love Manhattan
Mr T. Strawson – Something Wonderful
3. GENTLEMAN RIDER – For the Johnny Wrathall Memorial Trophy (kindly presented by Mrs Pam Saunders).
Mr T. Strawson
Mr D. Peters
Mr T. Chatfeild-Roberts
Mr T. McClorey
4. LADY RIDER – For a Perpetual Trophy (kindly presented by M.A.P.P.A.).
Miss S. Walker
Miss L. Wheeler
Miss J. Hewitt
5. NOVICE RIDER – For a Perpetual Trophy (kindly presented by M.A.P.P.A.)
Mr R. Bevin
Miss S. Walker
Mr W. Thirlby
A Novice Rider is defined as having ridden no more than 5 Winners, under the Rules of any recognised Racing Authority (Point to Points and Arab Races Included) up to and including 26th November 2016.
6. THE ROWAN COPE ACHIEVEMENT AWARD (For a notable riding achievement throughout the season).
7. OVERALL LEADING RIDER – For the Tim Moloney Memorial Trophy (kindly presented by M.A.P.P.A.).
Mr T. Strawson
8. NOVICE HORSE – For a Perpetual Trophy (kindly presented by M.A.P.P.A.).
Open to horses who at the start of the 2016/17 Point-to-Point season are maidens under all codes of racing.
Mr M. Robinson – Hurricane Vic & Mr R. Armson – Max O
Mr D Peters – Wither or Not.
9. LEADING MARE (kindly presented by Dodson & Horrell).
Mrs S. Smith – Quizzacle Nomad
Miss S. Walker – Missola Bird
Mr J. Weatherby – Chipmunk
10. THE MARK ASHTON ACHIEVEMENT AWARD (kindly presented by The Mark Ashton Trust and David Ingle).
SCHEDULE OF SCORING:
|(a)||Owner:||MENS/LADIES/MIXED OPEN RACES||7||5||3|
|ALL OTHER RACES||6||4||2|
Owners & Riders taking part in this championship will score points for first, second and third places. In the event of a dead heat in a particular race, the points for those positions will be added together and divided equally between them. In the event of a dead heat for a trophy, the winner shall be decided according to the most wins attained. If the number of wins are equal, then a dead heat shall be declared.
Prizes for the above winners and runners up will be presented at the Midland Point-to-Point Area Dinner Dance – Saturday 23rd September at Shearsby Bath Hotel.
Tickets available from: Tik Saunders, 07970-667852. [email protected] or Nicola Hewitt 07818-028863